Habitz is a smart family assistant that empowers and motivates you to form healthy habits using unique, science-based reward & education system that is personalized to the user.
Information We Collect
There are three basic categories of information we collect:
- Information you choose to give us.
- Information we get when you use our services.
- Information we get from third parties.
Information You Choose to Give Us
When you interact with our Services, we collect the information that you choose to share with us. For example, most of our Services require you to set up a basic Habitz account, so we need to collect a few important details about you, such as: a unique username you’d like to go by, a password, an email address, a phone number, and your date of birth. Other services, such as Amazon, may also require you to provide them or us with a debit or credit card number and its associated account information.
Of course, you’ll also provide us whatever information you send through the Services, such as your meal and reward preferences. Also, when you contact Habitz Support or communicate with us in any other way, we’ll collect whatever information you volunteer.
Information We Get When You Use Our Services
When you use our Services, we collect information about what service you’ve used and how you’ve used them. We might know, for instance, the meal type you have selected, the projected results of following our guidelines or your preferred reward type, among other things. Here’s a fuller explanation of the types of information we collect when you use our Services:
- Usage Information. We collect information about your activity through our services. For example, we may collect information about:
- how you interact with the services, such as how you view or use Habitz, which pages you open when selecting meals, how many times you open Habitz each day, how many reward points you purchase and how you utilize them.
- how you communicate with Habitz and its third party service providers, such as the time and date of your communications, the purchases made, which friends you exchange messages with the most, and your interactions with messages (such as when you open a message or capture a screenshot).
- Content Information. We collect information about the content you provide, such as if the recipient has viewed the content and the metadata that is provided with the content.
- Device Information. We collect device-specific information, such as the hardware model, operating system version, advertising identifier, unique application identifiers, unique device identifiers, browser type, language, wireless network, and mobile network information (including the mobile phone number).
- Camera and Photos. Some of our features require us to collect images and other information from your device’s camera and photos. For example, your childe may decide to share a photo with you.
- Log Information. We also collect log information when you use our App. That information includes, among other things:
- details about how you’ve used our Services.
- device information, such as your web browser type and language.
- access times.
- pages viewed.
- identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser.
- pages you visited before or after navigating to our App.
Information We Collect from Third Parties
How We Use Information
We use the information we collect to provide you with an amazing set of products and services that we relentlessly improve. Here are some of the ways we do that:
- develop, operate, improve, deliver, maintain, and protect our Services.
- send you communications, including by email. For example, we may use email to respond to support inquiries or to share information about our products, services, and promotional offers that we think may interest you.
- monitor and analyze trends and usage.
- personalize the services by, among other things, customizing the content we show you.
- improve our health recommendations and guidelines.
- enhance the safety and security of our Services.
- verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
- use information we’ve collected from cookies and other technology to enhance our Services and your experience with them.
- enforce our Terms of Service and other usage policies.
We may also store some information locally on your device. For example, we may store information as local cache so that you can open the app and view content faster.
How We Share Information
We may share information about you in the following ways:
- With other Habitz users. We may share the following information with other Habitz users:
- information about you, such as your username, name, and preferences.
- any additional information you have consented for us to share.
- With third party service providers. We may share the following information with third party service providers and sellers that provide goods through our Services:
- public information like your name, username, zip code and profile information. All information shared with third party service providers is subject to their privacy policies. We strongly recommend that you read and understand those policies before consenting you and subscribing to their service through our App.
- any reward preferences and selections you make using our App.
- With third parties for legal reasons. We may share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to:
- comply with any valid legal process, governmental request, or applicable law, rule, or regulation.
- investigate, remedy, or enforce potential Terms of Service violations.
- protect the rights, property, and safety of us, our users, or others.
- detect and resolve any fraud or security concerns.
- With third parties as part of a merger or acquisition. If Habitz Inc. gets involved in a merger, asset sale, financing, liquidation or bankruptcy, or acquisition of all or some portion of our business to another company, we may share your information with that company before and after the transaction closes.
We may also share with third parties—such as advertisers—aggregated, non-personally identifiable, or de-identified information.
Third-Party Content and Integrations
The services may also contain third-party links and search results, include third-party integrations, or offer a co-branded or third-party-branded service. Through these links, third-party integrations, and co-branded or third-party-branded services, you may be providing information (including personal information) directly to the third party, us, or both. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for how those third parties collect or use your information. As always, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of every third-party App or service that you visit or use, including those third parties you interact with through our services.
Analytics and Advertising Services Provided by Others
How Long We Keep Your Content
Your contents such as your personal profile information, preferences, reward history, purchase patterns and all other information you provide to us or is collected by us when you use our Services is saved on our secured servers. We may keep your contents for a certain period of time after you stop using our Services if we receive valid legal process asking us to preserve content or if we receive reports of abuse or other Terms of Service violations. Finally, we may also retain certain information in backup for a limited period of time or as required by law.
The third party service providers we have partnered with and you use as part of our Services may have different deletion protocols. Please refer to their privacy policies to better understand how long they may retain the contents you provide to them and their deletion process.
Control over Your Information
We want you to be in control of your information, so we provide you with the following tools.
- Access and Updates. You can access and update most of your basic account information right in the app by visiting the app’s Settings page. Because your privacy is important to us, we may ask you to verify your identity or provide additional information before we let you access or update your personal information.
- Revoking Permissions. If you change your mind about our ongoing ability to collect information from certain sources that you have already consented to, such as your consent for our App to access your camera, you can simply revoke your consent by changing the settings on your device if your device offers those options. Of course, if you do that, certain services may lose full functionality.
- Account Deletion. While we hope you’ll remain a lifelong user of our Services. If for some reason you ever want to delete your account, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Users Outside the United States
Although we welcome Habitzer from all over the world, keep in mind that no matter where you live or where you happen to use our services, your information may be shared with the Habitz Inc. family of companies. This means that we may collect your personal information from, transfer it to, and store and process it in the United States and other countries outside of where you live.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. Our App and Services are designed for use by both adults and children of all ages. However, all children under the age of 13 require a parent or guardian to register first as the primary user and then provide their children access to the App as an additional user. By providing access to children, parents are authorizing their children to use the App. We urge all parents or guardians to teach their children about protecting their personal information while online.
WHOM DO YOU CONTACT IF YOU HAVE ANY PRIVACY QUESTIONS?
Last modified as of June 25, 2017